15 fevereiro 2017

I am a black woman

Mari Evans

I am a black woman
the music of my song
some sweet arpeggio of tears
is written in a minor key
and I
can be heard humming in the night
Can be heard
   humming
in the night

I saw my mate leap screaming to the sea
and I/with these hands/cupped the lifebreath
from my issue in the canebrake
I lost Nat’s swinging body in a rain of tears
and heard my son scream all the way from Anzio
for Peace he never knew... I
learned Da Nang and Pork Chop Hill
in anguish
Now my nostrils know the gas
and these trigger tire/d fingers
seek the softness in my warrior’s beard

I
am a black woman
tall as a cypress
strong
beyond all definition still
defying place
and time
and circumstance
   assailed
      impervious
         indestructible
Look
   on me and be
renewed

Fonte (primeira e última estrofe): Pereira, E. A., org. 2010. Um tigre na floresta de signos. BH, Maza Edições. Poema publicado em livro em 1970.

0 Comentários:

Postar um comentário

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker