24 janeiro 2007

Nightswimming

Michael Stipe

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night.

The photograph on the dashboard,

taken years ago,

turned around backwards so the windshield shows.

Every streetlight reveals the picture in reverse.

Still, it’s so much clearer.

I forgot my shirt at the water’s edge.

The moon is low tonight.


Nightswimming
deserves a quiet night.
I’m not sure all these people understand.

It’s not like years ago,

the fear of getting caught,

of recklessness and water.

They cannot see me naked.

These things, they go away,

replaced by everyday.


Nightswimming,
remembering that night.
September’s coming soon.

I’m pining for the moon.

And what if there were two

side by side in orbit

around the fairest sun?

That bright, tight forever drum

could not describe
nightswimming.

You, I thought I knew you.

You I cannot judge.

You, I thought you knew me,

this one laughing quietly

underneath my breath.

Nightswimming.


The photograph reflects,

every streetlight a reminder.

Nightswimming deserves a quiet
night,
deserves a quiet night.

Fonte: álbum Automatic for the people (1992), do R.E.M.

0 Comentários:

Postar um comentário

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker